Want to design or re-design your existing website?
In today’s fast world, website is the front face of your company. Users go through that website which is more appealing and user-friendly as compared to the one that is outdated and dull. If users or customers don’t get attracted to your website, they don’t stick to it. To make your website attractive and visually appealing for the customers, you need to acquire services of professional and trustworthy IT Design Company.
There are many IT design and development companies in industry offering quality web design services. Professional guidance from a reputed designing company can bring positive results. Web development and design may sound easy for users but it includes a lot of planning and efforts to achieve desired results. Before choosing any company, take a detailed look at company’s portfolio. By this, you can easily review the company’s past project details, work niches etc. You can ask them about their expertise in graphic designing software like Java, Flash, and Adobe etc. The price of the company also varies according to the services they are offering. You should make sure the staff of company is well trained and professional and they meet the deadlines. You can also search for best IT companies on major search engines like Yahoo and Google. Beside this, you will need regular updates also. Ask them for the maintenance of website also. You can consult your friends and family as well search for best IT Company online. Choose that company that suits your budget and website requirement.
The designers make general as well as customized websites. If you want to go conventional way rather than traditional way then you can go for customized web design services. Customized website is followed by designers from the scratch as per your design. Customized sites are more expensive as compared to general ones. Before selecting any web design company, make sure that they are effectively using latest tools and techniques. As it will help in the long run by reducing the cost of website designing in future. Web design companies should properly examine the website requirement, location, preferences, target customers, nature of website and region before designing any website.
You can introduce different incentives as well as discount coupons to grab the interest of customers. In tough online competition, make sure that your products meet the demand of the customers while maintaining the quality.
To beat your competitors, your website should be designed better than their website. You should choose skilled web Company. Web professionals take your website to the top position by using embedded tags so that your website will appear in search engines. A good company provides customer support to solve your queries 24/7. They offer you reliable services in case of upgrading or troubleshooting the website.
Having an attractive website is not enough to boost your business. Getting help from reputable companies will help your website to improvise by using promotional content. Understanding the customer’s demand help the designers to customize the website in a way that will induce the customers to purchase the products. After the completion of web design, SEO and web development is also necessary. Hiring any web development company can save your time and resources. Any website that is indexed in search engines by using white hat SEO tactics will generate quick leads for your business.
By designing, you can expect online results in a shorter period of time. It increases business functionality and growth. Websites that are user-friendly and easy to navigate are preferred by users. In this way they give information to users and can increase sales of the company as well. Web design, web development and SEO services give boost to the business by increasing your website visitors and sales simultaneously.
What Web Designers Do
Web designers are the beauticians of the Web. Their job is to make websites look beautiful. This requires a certain set of skills in both graphics and coding. Skills a web designer should learn to master include:
- HTML: Every website designer should learn HTML. It’s the basic building blocks of website design.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets include the design elements that are typically interpreted by Web browsers. A good website designer will be very familiar with CSS and how it interacts with HTML.
- Content Management Systems (CMSs): Some designers work exclusively with CMSs. At the very least, you should be familiar with WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. More and more, I see small business web site designers working with Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace.
- Photoshop: If you’re going to work with graphics, and every designer works with graphics, then you should learn to manipulate those graphics using a photo editing software. While there are others on the market, Photoshop is easily recognized as the most superior.
These are the minimum skills. More advanced designers might work with PHP, more obscure CMSs, and use other tools like plugins, templates, and ready-made scripts to make websites function the way they want them to.
What Web Developers Do
Web developers are much more interested in what is under the hood of a website. While website designers are more like auto manufacturers who work on bringing the latest innovation in sportiness to the auto world, web developers are more like the engineers who work on making cars more fuel efficient or mechanically sound. Typically, website developers are more interested in the functionality of a website and get into programming languages and how they affect the total design and functionality of a site.
Web developers work with programming languages like:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML and CSS
- and mark-up languages like XHTML
While a designer will be interested in how a user interacts with a website, the website developer is more interested in whether the website works the way it should.
Many website designers also work as online marketing strategy. Some specialize in one or the other. As a small business owner, you should be familiar with these terms so you know who to call on when you have a problem to fix.
Website designing is a large market to break out in. With the digital age well upon us, it seems like ever person left right and centre is trying to get a break when it comes to technology. There is always someone trying to outdo another, which makes the competition a very large and very difficult thing to overcome. Luckily, you have these tips to follow, ensuring you’re on-par with the competition and in some cases, get you noticed by the bigger fish in the designing pond and start your website design path today.
1. Keep it simple – Colours and flashy logos can be enjoyable, but after a while it can become an eyesore for frequent viewers of your site. This could eventually deter others from visiting and eventually avoid your site altogether. In some cases, having a sleek design can pay off, but ultimately if your visitors can not accomplish what they wish to do due to your design, then it hinders more than helping your goal of becoming a website designing king.
2. Consistency is key – As well as keeping your site simple, you need to keep it simple all the way through the site. You can’t simply have one page being flashy and bright, with the next page being dark and bland, otherwise you will leave visitors wondering if they’re still on the same website, causing confusion. That’s not to say that every page on your site needs to have the same layout, but instead you should create different layouts for specific pages, all the while keeping the same colour schemes for your design, which is what most website designing entrepreneurs go for.
3. Keep mobile friendly – As stated in a previous number of articles, it is absolutely essential to keep all your websites mobile friendly. An extremely large portion of website browsing is done through handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones, showing that it is important to keep your site optimised for mobile viewing. Optimising for mobile viewing, in most cases, will result in a more responsive website design when it comes to desktop viewing, making for a smoother website look.
4. Communicate quickly – In a world that is extremely fast-paced, the internet is to exception to this golden rule. When visiting a website, people typically want their information fast, and if they need to invest too much time, will most likely leave the page as soon as they clicked the link that bought them to it. It is recommended to make your information quick, simple and easy to read and digest for viewers, boosting efficiency and creating more traffic.
5. Include images – We all know the age old saying; “one picture speaks a thousand words.” And this saying also applies to designing a website. Choosing the right layout and photo’s can really help click with the target audience, and help with recommendations and referrals to other visitors. It should also be noted that not only images should be used, but also info-graphics, video’s and animations. If you are not invested into a stock image subscription, it may help to invest into one. If you are also proficient with Adobe Photoshop and other related applications, it can also be helpful to design your own photo’s to avoid copyright issues.
In today’s digital world, having an interactive online presence is a must for every business. The internet has become the leading source for people to look for any type of information. A website is the face that represents your business online. It speaks everything about the business and has to be as appealing and professional to the target audience as possible. The need for a highly impressive and attractively designed website cannot be denied by any business.
A website designed with precision and creativity will determine the success of a business online. Every business has the option to either create its own website or hire a professional for this task. Here are the top reasons why you should hire a professional web design company:
– Custom Design – Every business is different and has different requirements. By hiring a professional web design company, you can get a well designed website that suits your business needs. The company will evaluate your business and products to work with you in creating a website matching your specific needs.
– Creativity – A professional company has all the means and resources to create a user centric website. It has creative minds working as designers to create a blend of images, texture and content to make a website which will be loved by your users. Better user engagement will lead to better conversions.
–High Quality Work – An experienced and professional company will assure high quality website at an affordable price. It not only has an extensive knowledge about the changing trends in the web design industry, but also matches those trends of the online market place to offer a well designed website.
– Search Engine Friendly – Search engine presence is important for every website. If search engines cannot index your site easily, your potential clients will never get to know about your online presence. A professional will design a site which is search engine friendly.
– After Support Services – When you hire a professional web design company, you get surety of reliable after support services. The company with a team of dedicated professionals will assist you if you face any issue with the site. A professional will also design your site keeping the future in mind and will make sure that some functions can be easily added as and when required.
Designing is the major part of a website and a highly skilled and professional web design company completely understand this fact. Hiring a professional also allows you to focus on other activities of the business.
Web Design training courses offer instructions in the fundamental techniques involved in the creation of effective web pages. The courses equip the student with the technical knowledge, as well as an understanding of the mechanical and artistic components of modern web site design. This is very important since it is essential that the navigation of a well crafted website be user friendly.
In terms of the content of the web course there are two fundamental aspects which form the core of the course. Thus the course is usually broken down into two modules. The first module focuses on the front end of the website and provides the basic template which you see when you log onto a website, and module 2 covers the back end, which involves tall other aspects of the website.
Website design involves a wide range of skills and techniques which includes a a mastery of HTML and CSS. There are a number of quality website courses available online depending on your current skill level. I n this regards it is a wise idea to have a firm grasp of the fundamentals before venturing off into more advanced courses.
Small bet effective websites can be built by student with minimal knowledge of the techniques of website design. In fact once you have some basic knowledge of web design technique you are in a good position to start learning more advanced topics. While there is obviously a learning curve for those who are new to the study of web site design if you apply yourself you can move quickly to the next level.
However, you cannot over estimate the importance of having a qualified instructor to guide you through the course. This is a very attractive feature of most online courses since usually the course is taught by a certified professional.
However, much more advanced knowledge is required for the creation of a large website. Fortunately there are numerous advanced web design course available online as well. Thus it is entirely possible to find both fundamental and advanced web design courses online.
On the the main advantages of these online courses is that students can usually set their own schedule and go at their own pace. However, depending on the career aspirations of the student he may be better served by taking the courses at a fully accredited institution of higher learning.
Get more free tips in web design training.
After the introduction of the web, the primacy of web design could not be ignored. The first was the baby of TimBerners-Lee of CERN, (one of the world’s largest and most respected centers for scientific research) when he created a global hypertext project, which he christened as the World Wide Web defined as “a wide area hypermedia information retrieval initiative aiming to give access to a large universe of documents.”
Web design, though now associated with graphic design arises from technological advancements of the browser in particular. Starting with the Mosaic to Internet Explorer and beyond, web browsers have helped web design evolve at a rapid pace.
Today, companies vie with each other and are constantly improving on their web design. And this is not surprising because first impressions, which are very important, are all formed on the basis of the design of the website.
There are seven components of a visually appealing web design
Colors – The website’s color should convey your company’s identity. Colors have emotional connotations so it is important you use the right color.
Fonts can also carry the meaning of what your company stands for like a serious looking font like Times Roman would be suitable for a news website rather than Freestyle Script.
Pictures and Graphics – Make the website visually appealing rather than lines of text only.
Simplicity- It should be simple not complex and simple not boring.
User friendly – Navigation should be easy and meaningful
Clarity – Images and text should be sharp
Consistency – Every page on the website should have the same heading, color, button styles to reinforce the subliminal message that the website is conveying through its design to the viewer.
The latest trends in web designing are listed below:
Web trends – Use of hero images (a large banner image, usually placed in the center of the web page and consists of image and text and may be static or moving). There use of minimal (use of negative space) flat design which incorporates the needs of mobile interface rather than a computer, video sliders or slide shows added to a web page, background video, CSS animation, front end frameworks and framework of ready components like Bootstrap, etc.
The latest web designs take care of the two most important concerns of UX (user experience) and mobile platforms, for which Flat designs are being preferred as they are easy to download and basically have the visuals stripped to the basic levels.
Typography – A variety of typographies are available such as serif, sans serif and handwriting.
Material design, which is a set of Google design standards, that has separate elements like the layers concept in image editing software. More imagery and less text.
Dynamic storytelling – Telling a story through graphics supported by text.
Feedback, but from comments on social media pages rather than from the commenting system provided on the website.
Latest designer tools like Adobe Project Comet launched in 2016 and as always uniqueness
A website builder or a website designer?
A website builder is a set of tools without manual code editing that helps you build your website. They may be web hosting companies.
Designing websites is a very complicated and elaborate process. If you can afford it, it is better to employ the services of a website designer.